Sunday, November 19, 2006

And the truth will set YOU free 33
...
John 8:32
"
  • 32 and YOU will know the truth, and the truth will set YOU free." 33

"

What is TRUTH?

John 18:33-38

  • 33 So Pilate entered into the governor’s palace again and called Jesus and said to him: "Are you the king of the Jews?"
  • 34 Jesus answered: "Is it of your own originality that you say this, or did others tell you about me?"
  • 35 Pilate answered: "I am not a Jew, am I? Your own nation and the chief priests delivered you up to me. What did you do?"
  • 36 Jesus answered: "My kingdom is no part of this world. If my kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be delivered up to the Jews. But, as it is, my kingdom is not from this source."
  • 37 Therefore Pilate said to him: "Well, then, are you a king?" Jesus answered: "You yourself are saying that I am a king. For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone that is on the side of the truth listens to my voice."
  • 38 Pilate said to him: "What is truth?"

33 the truth...

John 5:31-38

  • 31 "If I alone bear witness about myself, my witness is not true.
  • 32 There is another that bears witness about me, and I know that the witness which he bears about me is true.
  • 33 YOU have dispatched men to John, and he has borne witness to the truth.
  • 34 However, I do not accept the witness from man, but I say these things that YOU may be saved.
  • 35 That man was a burning and shining lamp, and YOU for a short time were willing to rejoice greatly in his light.
  • 36 But I have the witness greater than that of John, for the very works that my Father assigned me to accomplish, the works themselves that I am doing, bear witness about me that the Father dispatched me.
  • 37 Also, the Father who sent me has himself borne witness about me. YOU have neither heard his voice at any time nor seen his figure;
  • 38 and YOU do not have his word remaining in YOU, because the very one whom he dispatched YOU do not believe.

Telling truth

Mark 5:33

  • 33 But the woman, frightened and trembling, knowing what had happened to her, came and fell down before him and told him the whole truth...

Love is the truth:

Mark 12:30-33

  • 30 and you must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind and with your whole strength.’
  • 31 The second is this, ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these."
  • 32 The scribe said to him: "Teacher, you well said in line with truth, ‘He is One, and there is no other than He’;
  • 33 and this loving him with one’s whole heart and with one’s whole understanding and with one’s whole strength and this loving one’s neighbor as oneself is worth far more than all the whole burnt offerings and sacrifices."

360˚ of real neighbourly altruistic love; makes us whole and whole-some.

Love sets us free

- End Part 6 -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home